London Roach pole angling with Geoffrey Palmer.

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Mr B
Arctic Char

London Roach pole angling with Geoffrey Palmer.

Post by Mr B »

Evening gents,
You might have seen this one?
Only short but interesting all the same.
I like Mr Palmers view on Carbon, but each to his own.

Mr B

The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

OldRod
Grayling

Re: London Roach pole angling with Geoffrey Palmer.

Post by OldRod »

I did enjoy watching that. Thanks Mr B.
Geoffrey was a very keen salmon man, and not a bad actor either in my opinion
At the end of the game, the pawn and the King go back into the same box........

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Thanks for sharing that Mark, I’ve fished on Michaels lake and his stretch of the river a couple of times, he’s a charming gentleman and that comes across perfectly in this video…
Does anyone remember Geoffrey Palmer narrating and staring in Tales from the River bank? A superb series which I once had on VHS but has never been available on DVD or the like…. shame…..
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

I know Geoffrey Palmer and Ray Borras did a tv series,can't remember the name though.I think they were following Isaacs footsteps.

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

It was The Compleat Angler Grumpy
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

RBTraditional wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:18 pm Thanks for sharing that Mark, I’ve fished on Michaels lake and his stretch of the river a couple of times, he’s a charming gentleman and that comes across perfectly in this video…
Does anyone remember Geoffrey Palmer narrating and staring in Tales from the River bank? A superb series which I once had on VHS but has never been available on DVD or the like…. shame…..
Hi Rob,
I was just having an "arm chair angle" and remembered how Geoffrey Palmer enjoyed his angling and did a few programs on Izzak Walton..
I set about a search and enjoyed a pleasant hour or so with a pint and my slippers on in front if my fire.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.
I also came up with this after a Google search.,,

Mark

Description .... "tales of the Riverbank"
Six episodes from the television series narrated by Geoffrey Palmer: 'If you want to be happy, learn to fish', in which the secret behaviour of fish is revealed; 'Salmon', profiling the life of salmon during the fishing season; 'Carp - The Fish of Your Dreams', featuring a 24-hour fishing campaign; 'Pike - Myths and Monsters', in which the killer truth behind the pike's gentle reputation is examined; 'Trout - The Art of Deception', which shows the various tricks used to outwit the shiest of fish; and 'Eels - Slippery Characters', which tells of how the eel is popularly misunderstood.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

RBTraditional wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:18 pm Thanks for sharing that Mark, I’ve fished on Michaels lake and his stretch of the river a couple of times, he’s a charming gentleman and that comes across perfectly in this video…
Sorry Rob... you already know it was Video...

Ignore my last post....

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:38 pm It was The Compleat Angler Grumpy
:cheers:

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I ordered this DVD yesterday... second hand. £5 all in.
Looking forward to watching it.
Must have been a rear privilege fishing the lake and the river Rob... he dose seem a very nice man.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

I really enjoyed that. He had a terrific voice for a fishing programme and a great foil. I particularly remember ‘Butterflies’ which evokes great memories of my childhood as my Mum and Dad adored that series.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “Fishing Films”