A nice new pair of boots.

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Mr B
Arctic Char

A nice new pair of boots.

Post by Mr B »

I'm not sure really if these boots qualify for Traditional Anglers Clothing but I thought you might like to see them.
Boots traditional, must be we have been wearing them for years!
They fit like a glove and are very comfortable.
My old boots really had seen better days.
I am usually a 10 1/2 so got an 11.
They are a very sturdy leather boot with a good grip Vibram sole and are not to heavy at all.

Very pleased.... so far!

Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Old Man River
Eel

Re: A nice new pair of boots.

Post by Old Man River »

I have a pair of Brashers, well, I say Brashers, Brasher were bought out by Berghouse who then switched the manufacturing base to the far east .

Having said that, the soles on my Brashers were supposed to be VIbram,they had the Vibram trademark but were very poor, I think they may have been far eastern copies maybe, anyway, they wore out in no time . I sent them to a company in Burnley that re sole boots for Alpine walkers, climbers etc, very good reputation. They re soled the boots with some genuine Brasher soles and now they are really good, hardwearing and comfortable .
I hope your boots have longer lasting soles than mine did Mr B.

David .
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Thats interesting David,
They have always been good boots to be honest.
Not sure about the sole and trade marks etc but they sing the praises of the sole on there official site? Who knows?
I am fortunate enough not to have to pay for my boots with my job, I get a new pair when I need them.
They are comfortable though so I will see how they go.
The leather looks good and the stitching neat and strong.
Thanks David

Tight laces,
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

I’ve worn brashers for a few years now Mark and I love em… I’ve got walking boots and shoes for the pub….comfortable in any setting :Wink:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

RBTraditional wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:03 am I’ve worn brashers for a few years now Mark and I love em… I’ve got walking boots and shoes for the pub….comfortable in any setting :Wink:
Thats great Rob, glad your pleased with your ones and I suspect they get a hard time both in out out of the pub !:Thumb:
Mark

Bayleaf
Gudgeon

Post by Bayleaf »

For decent outdoor boots try Altberg, a Yorkshire company that makes boots for the forces. I've had a pair of their motorcycle boots since the mid 80s and still going strong.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

These are my pub Brashers Mark I think they’re called country walker… I have the same boots as you for angling and work on the farm….
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Martin James
Tench

Post by Martin James »

I am still wearing my HAIX boots for some 10 years, still look as good as new, but then I clean and polish them after every outing, as I do all my foot wear, since I was a youngster .

John Milford
Grayling

Post by John Milford »

Bayleaf wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:20 am For decent outdoor boots try Altberg, a Yorkshire company that makes boots for the forces. I've had a pair of their motorcycle boots since the mid 80s and still going strong.
My winter boots are Alt-Berg Warrior Aquas. I expect I will wear out before they do.

I don't place too many demands on life, but comfortable feet are are definitely one of them (plus warm, dry feet in winter!). :Thumb:
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

It sounds like Altberg's more popular models are made in Italy:
https://www.altberg.co.uk/the-altberg-f ... berg-boots
I bought a pair 10 years ago and they were very comfortable straight out of the box. I don't use them now as they would be too warm for walking in my part of France. Great for the UK hills however!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”