A question on the Monach 66

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Rockape
Roach

Re: A question on the Monach 66

Post by Rockape »

I also live by the coast (Portland, Dorset).

My advice regarding Surfcasts, is not to get the later Gladding version.

I got two as new old stock and both had disintgrated gears (compare to the original Morritts part).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AntiqueAngler
Gudgeon

Post by AntiqueAngler »

I purchased contents of an old tackle shop several years ago amongst which were a couple of boxes of intrepid spares along with some leaflets/schematics.I will try and find them and see if anything may be helpful.

Rockape
Roach

Post by Rockape »

Thank you AntiqueAngler, much appreceated.

AntiqueAngler
Gudgeon

Post by AntiqueAngler »

lHad a quick look yesterday,found a full box of spares including half a reel body,off what I am unsure.There were also several bail arms and spool tensions and hundreds if not a thousand or more of bits and pieces,alas could not find the paperwork.Will have a more detailed look when weather warms up so I can get everything out of my shed.
Cheers,
Steve

Rockape
Roach

Post by Rockape »

Thank you Steve for taking the time out to look for it.

Are they all intrepid spares or from various manufacturers?

I would be very interested if you have any Intrepid or Mitchell items you would be willing to let go of, particularly bail springs and the like?

Cheers,

Paul

Rockape
Roach

Post by Rockape »

On the earlier discussion regarding the black Monarch 66 I own, I have just seen two of them in that colour on ebay. One is in pretty shocking condition, but I definitely see clear patches of black paint in amongst the dirt, so I think I can confidentily add that color option to the others now (somewhat relieved too).

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Rockape wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:39 pm On the earlier discussion regarding the black Monarch 66 I own, I have just seen two of them in that colour on ebay. One is in pretty shocking condition, but I definitely see clear patches of black paint in amongst the dirt, so I think I can confidentily add that color option to the others now (somewhat relieved too).
That's good. I think Morritt started lines off with a preferred colour then got around to whatever paint was available. It does give we collectors a bunch of different colour variations to collect though.

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”