John Gierach

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
CrayCane
Chub

John Gierach

Post by CrayCane »

For anyone who enjoys the writing of John Gierach he has a new book out shortly "All The Time In The World"

Also an entertaining interview with John on the Fly Culture Podcast https://flyculturemag.com/podcast/
under recent episodes.

Pete

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: John Gierach

Post by Nigel Rainton »

I'm not keen on his books but the podcast was excellent :-)

CrayCane
Chub

Post by CrayCane »

I've seen others who say they aren't keen on his writing, as well as you Nigel, but for me I've enjoyed all of his books and I'm looking forward to reading his new one. He has some good advice for would be writers in the podcast, about how he edits down what he's written.
Pete

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

I bought one of his books, can't remember which one, which was OK. I bought another and it was so similar to the first that I gave both away. I saw his latest in a bookshop and browsed a few pages. Not for me. I feel a bit guilty about my lack of enthusiasm when everyone else is raving about him !

I've had four stories published in Fly Culture magazine and a few photos. It's a great magazine and Pete Tyjas does an exceptional job chatting to guests on his weekly podcast. The magazine is four years + and going strong, all content, no adverts or product placement, who says print is dead !

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I'm a fan of early JG but have found some of his more recent work a bit the same. I met him fishing a far north river many years ago and a very nice bloke he was too. By that time he was in his own words being put on the pedestal by US angling media. He didn't seem to understand nor like it. Trout Bum and his book on fishing bamboo are the standouts for me personally. Our own Iasgair fishes some of the rivers JG writes about.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”