How do you?

The Other Reels forum.
MaggotDrowner
Zander

Re: How do you?

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I use all my reels and so they are kept in a draw in the dark, so the daylight doesn't damage the line.

Would be nice to have them on display.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Most are in a display cabinet or on shelves in a spare bedroom.
None of our guests have commented on what it's like sleeping in a mid 1900's tackle shop but I'm sure someone will before long. I did have another display unit but the other half commandeered that so the contents now reside in cardboard boxes.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Jeff Smith
Dace

Post by Jeff Smith »

B8170CCD-98DA-4068-A701-9E322DF2CF79.jpeg
My Mitchell ‘egg bodied ‘variants sit on top of ‘Brenda’……..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod Fisher
Silver Bream

Post by Rod Fisher »

Wakou wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:24 pm Oooh! Nice Aerials! I snagged one the other day (see "latest traditional purchase") It seems all good etc. I might even send it off to a guru for a proper fettle. It is a C815, 4 1/2" wide-drum. (Thanks to your brilliant id tool, which I loved even before I owned one!)
It looks like a good example, retaining plenty of paint. The weight of that cork arbour will amplify the rimmed flywheel effect, so properly oiled and adjusted it will likely spin for several minutes.
I'm glad the Aerial ID tool was useful to you.
"Keep out of sight. Trout has no eyebrows and can see up." - Forest and Stream 1904.

“A man may read books and get the best advice possible, but he will profit little by one or the other without practice.” - William Bailey

Return to “Other Reels”