Yorkshire Vintage Angling Fair - Sunday 17th March 2024

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Re: Yorkshire Vintage Angling Fair - Sunday 17th March 2024

Post by Barbelseeker »

It was nice to meet in person, Wallys-cast, the maker of 3 paper floats, given several years ago, as a Secret Santa gift.

Thank you

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

A good day.
Nice to meet fellow TFF members and unlike last year, I managed to make more money than I spent.
Some very tempting items on display......
Temptation is a terrible, terrible thing... :fish:

Thanks to Andy and the Phoenix club.

All the best Chaps ! :Hat:
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Well done Andy, a most enjoyable fair with good quality items on sale from professional sellers and from anglers selling their surplus kit. This fair has great potential in the future, it was very well attended and trade seemed brisk.
It's a good venue to catch up with some old friends and put faces to names. I think there are many regular Redditch stallholders that could do well at the Yorkshire fair, it's easy to get to from The M1 with easy and plentiful parking, good facilities and catering. I, for one, am looking forward to the next Yorkshire fair :Thumb:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

I intended to pop in for an hour, but three hours had passed before I looked at the clock!
It was good to meet so many TFF members there, including a few I'd not met before.
Did a lot of gazing lustfully at a lot of gorgeous vintage tackle, but generally behaved myself and obeyed the instructions of my 'Finance Director.
There was one very cute little reel which took my fancy, but I forgot to return to Wanderer's table until I was halfway home. You have a PM!
Thanks Andy to the organisation again this year, and I look forward to seeing you at the annual 'showdown' on 11th August.

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Phil Arnott wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:45 pm I've attended each one up to now and there seemed to be more dealers and more attending this time, with some excellent bargains too. Well worth the visit and nice to meet up with some familiar faces also.

It's less than an hour away from me which is handy rather than the two and a half for Redditch which I also attend.

Phill
Thanks for the feedback - it will grow into a big oak tree -

Andy
http://bendsomecane.blogspot.com/
By the grace of god a Yorkist

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Banksy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:21 am I intended to pop in for an hour, but three hours had passed before I looked at the clock!
It was good to meet so many TFF members there, including a few I'd not met before.
Did a lot of gazing lustfully at a lot of gorgeous vintage tackle, but generally behaved myself and obeyed the instructions of my 'Finance Director.
There was one very cute little reel which took my fancy, but I forgot to return to Wanderer's table until I was halfway home. You have a PM!
Thanks Andy to the organisation again this year, and I look forward to seeing you at the annual 'showdown' on 11th August.

Thanks very much David

Andy

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:48 pm Well done Andy, a most enjoyable fair with good quality items on sale from professional sellers and from anglers selling their surplus kit. This fair has great potential in the future, it was very well attended and trade seemed brisk.
It's a good venue to catch up with some old friends and put faces to names. I think there are many regular Redditch stallholders that could do well at the Yorkshire fair, it's easy to get to from The M1 with easy and plentiful parking, good facilities and catering. I, for one, am looking forward to the next Yorkshire fair :Thumb:
Jeremy !! Great to see you

Thanks very much

Andy

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Wanderer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:42 pm A good day.
Nice to meet fellow TFF members and unlike last year, I managed to make more money than I spent.
Some very tempting items on display......
Temptation is a terrible, terrible thing... :fish:

Thanks to Andy and the Phoenix club.

All the best Chaps ! :Hat:
[/quote

Neil - we are very grateful!

Ponte cakes - fabulous

See you next year

Andy

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Barbelseeker wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:08 pm It was nice to meet in person, Wallys-cast, the maker of 3 paper floats, given several years ago, as a Secret Santa gift.

Thank you
Peter -
Thank you for coming - it was a bigger and better fair - onwards and upwards !

Kindest regards
Andy

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”