Lockwood reservoir Walthamstow

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Lockwood reservoir Walthamstow

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Early 70s fishing the 36inch inflow pipe- 2 oz lead bouncing round in the flow.

Green SS glass rods and the all metal efgeeco specimen landing net was a heavy load on the 2 mile walk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cat
Chub

Re: Lockwood reservoir Walthamstow

Post by Cat »

Lovely photo...it captures so much.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Love it, we might have been on there the same time as you, we used to wade across the old Lea and climb up the bank, loverly photo,thanks

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Must admit thou, it does look like the King George ressie, you must have been on there as well.

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Tizer wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:37 pm Must admit thou, it does look like the King George ressie, you must have been on there as well.
no just Lockwood.

we were amongst the first onto W Warwick- 200 + carp doubles stocked totally unfished. Suddenly I realised what being Gibbinson or Hutchinson was like. I had a proper ticket but made the totally stupid choice of crossing 6 train lines to save a one mile walk- crazy , glad to be typing this

I wonder if the feed pipe came from KG to Lockwood?
Last edited by Ian.R.McDonald on Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

A great picture, the pike is not bad either.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Ah, So you came in from the Lower Manard way, we were right up the other end, We fished one of them on the other side of the road , if I remember right,it was full of silver bream,Only went on the William Girling once and had a 23lb pike, we had so much choice in the Lea Valley, them Walthamstow ressies are still all there yet you never hear anything about them ,weird

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

I still use my 42" Efgeeco Specimen net!
Mark Davies

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Penninelad wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:22 pm I still use my 42" Efgeeco Specimen net!
you are stronger than me! I still have the mark on my hand after my mistake of trying to get the arms into the spreader without loosening things- but I was attached to a carp- and that was a very rare thing back then

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Tizer wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:15 pm Ah, So you came in from the Lower Manard way, we were right up the other end, We fished one of them on the other side of the road , if I remember right,it was full of silver bream,Only went on the William Girling once and had a 23lb pike, we had so much choice in the Lea Valley, them Walthamstow ressies are still all there yet you never hear anything about them ,weird
I think the dreadful current tv carp fishing programmes dont bother to weigh anything under 30 are at the centre.

we are lucky to have this sensible forum

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”