Lockwood reservoir Walthamstow

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Lockwood reservoir Walthamstow

Post by Olly »

It was similar to the south west of London. Queen Mary, Knight & Bessborough, Staines North and South, Barn Elm's (4 res.), King George VI, Molesey (named Lambeth & Chelsea = 8 small res.- record roach Bill Penney), Kempton West & East (unclaimed record roach of 4+), Island Barn.
Some LAA, some day ticket, some club waters. Most still not fished - ever! No appetite by anglers/clubs.

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

One of the Kempton Park reservoirs was stocked with trout, as was the Queen Mother. I fished both of them during the Coarse close season and caught quite a few stockies on nymphs. I could never see the attraction of lure stripping.
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

MWithell wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:48 am One of the Kempton Park reservoirs was stocked with trout, as was the Queen Mother. I fished both of them during the Coarse close season and caught quite a few stockies on nymphs. I could never see the attraction of lure stripping.
certainly with my level of casting skill, spending a day with a weighted size 8 flying past my ear doesnt appeal. Oliver Kite it isnt!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Great stuff. I fished Cheddar Reservoir in the late 70's - well, the margins. My rods could only chuck a mackerel tail so far but we caught hard fighting pike to mid-doubles and lots of perch to just under 2lbs. I also watched enormous tench rolling beyond my casting abilities in deep, clear water stiff with weed. Challenging but fascinating times.

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

my favourite trout capture was at Blithfield. Going upwind in my dinghy. I got a wave wrong and put the bow 2ft under the water. When we surfaced we had been joined by a 2lb rainbow. It was windy and we had other things on, so we returned her!
FB_IMG_779200535764416897.jpg
And to fit a little more into our lovely forum- " Secret Diaries" crafted in wood and has passed her 25th birthday
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tony.J.Newman
Silver Bream

Post by Tony.J.Newman »

Ian, if I remember correctly I had to call you ‘Steve’ if anyone was around on Lockwood as you had a borrowed ticket! Was it mr Bishop’s?
As a Thames Water employee I had free access to all of Walthamstow, except Lockwood and King George for which I had to join East Metropolitan Water Association, but it was free membership for TWA employees. Came with free access to the social club in the tower building down Coppermill Lane too. Had a nice chat with Barrie Rickards in there one evening after the last ever Pike Society meeting.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

I always fancied having a go on the Banbury ressie,I know the Civil service a/s had it for a while , did anyone fish it ?

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Hi Tony - - from another MWB/TWA employee! Took my pension when they moved the accounts to Swindon.

Fished the Red House, Hampton - occasionally with the late Bill Penny.

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Tony.J.Newman wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:00 pm Ian, if I remember correctly I had to call you ‘Steve’ if anyone was around on Lockwood as you had a borrowed ticket! Was it mr Bishop’s?
As a Thames Water employee I had free access to all of Walthamstow, except Lockwood and King George for which I had to join East Metropolitan Water Association, but it was free membership for TWA employees. Came with free access to the social club in the tower building down Coppermill Lane too. Had a nice chat with Barrie Rickards in there one evening after the last ever Pike Society meeting.
I enjoyed my other life as Steve ! I also enjoyed you " shopping" me to the senior Thames Bailiff more recently. When he realised my trangression was before he was born- he let me off with a warning. Best part of his warning was the closing comment " nice haircut" 😁

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

75% of the Eagle Specimen Group. It was so long ago I forget why we were stood in the water.
But the sea socks turnover the boots sets the date in the 70s
received_1273500653049741.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”