Piscator Publication

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Pragmatic Piscator
Stickleback

Re: Piscator Publication

Post by Pragmatic Piscator »

Dear all, just a little update… contributors announced so far are Stu Harris, Maurice Pledger, Jon Edy-Berry, Fennel Hudson, Roger Stanger, Danny Taylor, Marina Gibson, Oli Davies and Kevin Grozier!
We have more exciting announcements to come over the next few weeks. I shall continue to keep you all updated.
To register your interest in purchasing a copy, please visit www.piscatormag.co.uk
Best fishes,
Richard

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

So will it be like an upmarket Anglers Mail Annual. You know like all the good magazines of the sixties that covered all aspects of angling. Remember Creel , Fishing and even the Angling Times. When did AT become Coarse Only? Despite not really enjoying boat fishing in any shape or form I still liked reading about it. Plus the writers seemed so much better than the rip it up, rah rah, self congratulatory bait/tackle advertising writing today.

Don't take this the wrong way as personally I loved getting the Anglers Mail Annual at Christmas, with some articles very informative but well written. So if the writing is not too whimsical and flowery harking on about wandering lonely as a cloud along the river bank , but simply put, informative and practical with good photography of pies not just artsy fartsy stuff then this Fat Bloke is in and waiting with bated or should that be baited breath.

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Pragmatic Piscator
Stickleback

I don’t know what to tell you, Moley! We do have a number of informative pieces lined up, but there is nothing in here that is going to help you catch more fish- this is for people who enjoy fishing stories and possibly ‘wandering lonely as a cloud’. Some of the photography may be a little artsy fartsy but I can try and arrange a photo of a pie too if it pleases. We can promise you however, that there will be absolutely no ‘rip it up, rah rah self congratulatory bait/ tackle advertising writing’ whatsoever.
Best fishes,
Richard

P.S.
Last night we announced Prof. Mark Everard’s participation in the magazine!

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Sounds very exciting indeed! Nitty gritty time. How much?

Pragmatic Piscator
Stickleback

Mick wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:47 pm Sounds very exciting indeed! Nitty gritty time. How much?
Hi Mick,
Thanks for your interest and enthusiasm! I’m afraid I’m going to be a little evasive on the price for now- we will confirm this very soon. All I can say is, as a fairly substantial annual publication, it will cost more than a typical quarterly magazine but less than a new hardback book…!
I shall keep you all updated as soon as I have more info. Popping your name on the mailing list will guarantee you don’t miss a beat: www.piscatormag.co.uk
Best fishes,
Richard

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Thank you Richard. I am all signed up! :Hat:

Pragmatic Piscator
Stickleback

Pragmatic Piscator
Stickleback

“Piscator is a new angling annual celebrating all styles of fishing through a collection of stories, works of art and photographs from the contributors on this poster! There will be no advertising, no instructionals and no hierarchy of species or sizes- just enjoyable content wrapped up in quality print!
The only way to get your hands on a copy is by signing up to our mailing list at www.piscatormag.co.uk to receive an exclusive pre-order link on March 1st. Copies, priced £20 inc. p&p, will be with readers on June 16th in time for Fathers Day and the start of the new fishing season!”

Pragmatic Piscator
Stickleback

Mick wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:57 am Thank you Richard. I am all signed up! :Hat:
That’s fab, Mick! You should receive the pre-order link on March 1st. I really hope you enjoy the annual when it arrives!

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

There are some very decent chaps in that list of contributors, so I would expect there will be interesting content and something for everyone. Good luck!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”