The Light Carp Rod

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Re: The Light Carp Rod

Post by Bobthefloat »

I found this film on the auction site a few years ago knowing nothing about it and soon realised I had something quite rare and special.
I've lent it out several times and have encouraged people to copy it and share it with friends to keep this wonderful little film alive.
I even managed to get a copy to Chris Ball just a short time before he left us for the carp pool In the sky. He remembered being part of it but hadn't seen it for many many year's.

I've just had a pm from Rod Fisher kindly offering to make some more copies to forward on to members.
The more people who borrow it / copy it the better in my eyes!
:Hat:
Last edited by Bobthefloat on Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Let’s face it Terry… the MK1V Avon rod deserved a film
dedicated entirely and exclusively to it…arguably the best rod ever designed and made for angling… the all rounders allrounder… I love ‘em….🙏❤️
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

RBTraditional wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:39 pm Let’s face it Terry… the MK1V Avon rod deserved a film
dedicated entirely and exclusively to it…arguably the best rod ever designed and made for angling… the all rounders allrounder… I love ‘em….🙏❤️
I'm sure I've sent you a copy Rob or lent it to you?

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

You certainly did Tel and it was superb…. :Thumb:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

I do hope we’ll be able to watch this, I’d love to see it.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

If anyone wants to view this video please PM me and I will send you a link to allow you to watch it.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Snape
Bailiff

Re: The Liht Carp Rod

Post by Snape »

Mr B wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:12 pm
Dave F wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:29 am Thanks to “Bobthefloat” (Terry) I watched this film over the weekend. It was very interesting with Chris Ball and Chris Yates. Simon Latimer went into the history and the making of a MK IV Avon, the Light Carp Rod as he calls it. Visits to the locations where the rods were first made by B. James in Ealing and J.B. Walker in Hythe.

First produced in 1997, it hasn’t lost any of its charm.

:fishing1:
:fish:
Sounds interesting Dave F.
How can this be watched by fellow TFF r's?

Thanks
Mr B
PM me for a link :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Crucian wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:29 pm I do hope we’ll be able to watch this, I’d love to see it.
PM me for a link. :Hat:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Treeman wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:23 pm I would love to watch this as well please any suggestions where we can see it

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Barbelbonce wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:39 am This is the first reference to this DVD I have ever seen. Never mentioned on this Forum, ever, if my searches here are valid.
A trawl of the web has turned up nil, nix and nothing regarding the title and the same result for Simon Latimer, who, reading the OP, seems to be the key man (in what capacity...?) in the vid.
If anyone can shed any more light on the provenance of the production - a date and any other production info would be helpful - it would be of assistance in furthering our searches.
I'm sure we all would welcome the opportunity to watch what is reported as quality viewing, generally interesting to earlier posters here and am very surprised that nothing has been heard on the Forum over the years.
Seems like essential viewing for our ilk.
Mike

Return to “Fishing Films”