Angling Clubs in Peril?

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
DaceAce
Eel

Angling Clubs in Peril?

Post by DaceAce »

Something to get you thinking today.
Are Angling Clubs in Peril?

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Re: Angling Clubs in Peril?

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

With carp fishing and the Korda Krazy Karpers taking over tv- we have the sad growth of " camping with fishing rods" and people who really believe that anything under 20lb is a waste of time. Enter the Mega Clubs like Prince Albert buying waters ad lib we have lost fishing.

I am going to continue enjoying this lovely group ( thanks Mark) and fish some quiet waters

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

I’m with you Ian, plenty of non commercial angling out there if you do your homework and are not afraid to fish natural venues on your own… :Hat:
Last edited by RBTraditional on Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Ian.R.McDonald wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:42 pm With carp fishing and the Korda Krazy Karpers taking over tv- we have the sad growth of " camping with fishing rods" and people who really believe that anything under 20lb is a waste of time. Enter the Mega Clubs like Prince Albert buying waters ad lib we have lost fishing.

I am going to continue enjoying this lovely group ( thanks Mark) and fish some quiet waters
A quote from a wonderful poem by W H Davies - The Kingfisher, that someone close to me once brought to my attention:
I also love a quiet place
That’s green, away from all mankind;

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Some things dont change. I was in a Gerry Savage synducate on a Kent 20 acre lake in the 80s. I was the only person on and when someonr set up on the opposite bank- I packed up. Quiet is good!

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

I’ve always liked quiet secluded angling, even as a kid I’d look and find those hidden places. Of course I’ve fished where there have been other anglers in the past but as I’ve grown old(er) I’ve noticed how remarkably quieter busier stretches of rivers and old stillwaters have become since the advent of commercial fisheries … long may it continue….
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

RBTraditional wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:01 pm I’ve always liked quiet secluded angling, even as a kid I’d look and find those hidden places. Of course I’ve fished where there have been other anglers in the past but as I’ve grown old(er) I’ve noticed how remarkably quieter busier stretches of rivers and old stillwaters have become since the advent of commercial fisheries … long may it continue….
Couldn’t agree more - commercials herald the ‘death knell’ to angling as we remember it for sure, I’m talking about the hole in the ground that many flock to in order to catch the fish Mark mentions, there practice is harmful in so many explicit ways. However as RBT puts forth the space to be found (still) in those quiet corners whether rivers or pools widens……..
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I'll always belong to an Angling Club... commercials are all the same and way too busy... a lot of club waters have very little footfall and that suits me fine...👍😎 :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

OldRod
Grayling

Post by OldRod »

In the clubs I am a member of, the carp boys are pandered to. Virtually every water has been stocked with carp, and it makes roach fishing fraught with apprehension that the next bite will be a carp. So different from years ago, and I don't like it.
At the end of the game, the pawn and the King go back into the same box........

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

I'm not sure where peril is, but I am sure they will have an angling club, most town do.

Return to “Fishing Films”