Intrepid CS100

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Intrepid CS100

Post by AshbyCut »

A new arrival in this mornings post, and a new one on me altogether ... or rather, a new incarnation of a long serving model.

This is obviously a reworked "Black Prince," with not just the rather tasteful cream and brown colour scheme and plastic bodied tension nut, but also slightly reworked internals giving a smoother turn of the handle.

From the lettering style on the foil name label I'd assume it is a 1970's update following the take-over by Gladdings, but if anyone should come across an advert for this reel, or any other information about date, I would greatly appreciate it if they'd let me know.

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Davyr

Re: Intrepid CS100

Post by Davyr »

A long-established member on the Anglersnet Forums (chesters1) is an acknowledged expert on and avid collector of Intrepid reels - it might be worth searching that site, or, if that fails, joining and picking his brains?

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Thankyou Davyr, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Well, taking up Davyr's suggestion I posted an enquiry about the reel on Anglersnet, after joining the forum, and the gentleman mentioned supplied some wonderful information.

As I suspected, the CS100 was part of a 'progression' from "Black Prince" through "Boyo" to "CS100," the latter being produced between 1978 and 1980. There was apparently even a CK version, with a skirted spool (yet another one for me to look out for).

Sadly, there was also a response (and I quote) :-
"I'll never understand the minds of enthusiasts and collectors,
Why would anyone want to own or fish with such tat ?"

I'm eternally grateful that I found TFF.

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

AshbyCut wrote:I'm eternally grateful that I found TFF.
That's why I don't spend much time on other angling forums these days!

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”