Turdex going cheap.

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
MaggotDrowner
Sea Trout

Turdex going cheap.

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Another badly listed bargain. Only an hour left. I'd have a bid but the bank manager is likely to scream. At £26 at the moment, I think they are worth upwards of £40. This one has a line guard, unlike mine which I paid around £44 for I think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... NA:GB:1123
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Maggot's Dad

Re: Turdex going cheap.

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Hi MD, :Hat:

.....I wonder if you meant Trudex......they're not that bad really! :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

MaggotDrowner
Sea Trout

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I think I did too. Soooo bad a typing! :oops:
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Hi again MD, :Hat:

....no problem, but it certainly made me chuckle when I first read it. :Thumb:

MaggotDrowner
Sea Trout

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Got to £36 in the end. Almost it's value, so not that much of a bargain after all.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

There was an un-official agreement some time back not to post links to live auctions, MD. Your posting may have had some effect thus becoming self defeating, IE, "Trudex going cheap" the minute posted drawing attention from watchers (possibly lunkers) and therefore no longer a Trudex going cheap.

Or so goes the thinking.

I personally don't think it makes a blind bit of difference and thought it ineffectual to agree to not listing live auctions as anyone who's looking to buy an item will, most likely, have it as a saved search on eBay and be fully aware, poorly listed or not, to that item.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I was watching this reel today..going cheap it was.......

Then....

I'm convinced forums like this ( OK forae ) have more influence than we like to think.

MaggotDrowner
Sea Trout

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Haydn Clarke wrote:There was an un-official agreement some time back not to post links to live auctions, MD. Your posting may have had some effect thus becoming self defeating, IE, "Trudex going cheap" the minute posted drawing attention from watchers (possibly lunkers) and therefore no longer a Trudex going cheap.

Or so goes the thinking.

I personally don't think it makes a blind bit of difference and thought it ineffectual to agree to not listing live auctions as anyone who's looking to buy an item will, most likely, have it as a saved search on eBay and be fully aware, poorly listed or not, to that item.

Being (reasonably) new, I didn't know of this unofficial rule. I was also unaware that you could save searches on eBay. I'll have to look into that.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Bluedun

Post by Bluedun »

Reminds me of the Crapidex. Also meant to be a good reel.

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

Just like the fLick 'em.

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”