Southwest leneys

This forum is for discussing carp.
Wandle1
Grayling

Southwest leneys

Post by Wandle1 »

i wonder if anyone can shed some light on some thought`s i have had....

Well...does anyone know if any of the Leney strain ended up in Kernow at all.......
Someone i know, a well known Carper said some of the original College fish were of Leney origin could this be possible...The College fish were moved into Argal resi nearby a fair while ago.....

Also.....

Could the Shillamill carp be of Leney strain ?....Anyone got any thoughts on this......PS...The Shillamill carp are unlike any Cornish carp i have ever caught,i have loads of photos..they are all 35mm though,will show MGs next time we meet...,see what he thinks,,,, :Thumb:

thank you ....Adam

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Re: Southwest leneys

Post by Skeff »

College may well have been stocked from Surrey Trout Farm... Any idea when the carp were introduced?

Wandle1
Grayling

Post by Wandle1 »

Skeff i think that Stuart Bray was influential in stocking College and lower Tamar...[i`m terrible with names sometimes]...there mighten have been another...i`m normally ok on Kernow history.... :oops:

A friend of mine used to fish College from `get go`...when he returns from fishing in the very near future,i will contact him..and ask...and will post it up....

But the Shillamill carp were stocked into the lakes by John Facey the original owner in the mid to late 70`s...they are similar in scale pattern to some of the carp in Argal [but originally from College].....

Shillamill is now called `Stonerush`lakes and is closed to local anglers....It now has god awful lodges on site....[ ie Kernow lodge disease]...I fished almost exclusively on my own there for many years and was the last one of three members on the venue..The lakes suffered overt otter predation and a slurry spill up the lane ....very sad.... :Thumbsdown::

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

I'll see what I can find in the records.... Dates help....

SparrowHawk
Bleak

Post by SparrowHawk »

[img]http://i480's%20shillamill%20mirrors1.tinypic.com/2j3nzoz.jpg[/img]

SparrowHawk
Bleak

Post by SparrowHawk »

This is the photo i tried to post.These are shillamill fish from early 80's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wandle1
Grayling

Post by Wandle1 »

SparrowHawk wrote:This is the photo i tried to post.These are shillamill fish from early 80's

thanks Sparrowhawk,very interesting to see those old pictures....I have a load of 35mm pics from Shillamill .The top picture ,the one of the linear seems a familiar fish,if so it had an sad demise..I will check my photobox and see ..

nice tent as well... :Thumb: ...

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

For anyone interested there is/was a newspaper cutting 1st March 1890 with pictures of the Surrey Trout Farm on th ebay asking £25.

SparrowHawk
Bleak

Post by SparrowHawk »

Cheers.i have a few other pic ill put up.The tent was in fact a 50" nubrolli with a kevin nash wraparound from the good old days before bivvies! Its still part of my collection of bivvies/shelters that spans the last 30 years of my carp fishing life!

Wandle1
Grayling

Post by Wandle1 »

SparrowHawk wrote:Cheers.i have a few other pic ill put up.The tent was in fact a 50" nubrolli with a kevin nash wraparound from the good old days before bivvies! Its still part of my collection of bivvies/shelters that spans the last 30 years of my carp fishing life!

Would love to see some more shillamill photo`s from the `Facey` era...I could never afford the Nashy wrap ,but I did have a canvas 45 inch brolly with the Velcro storm sides attatched....

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”