Barton Court...new day ticket price!

This forum belongs to the River Kennet.
Red Creel

Barton Court...new day ticket price!

Post by Red Creel »

Just a heads up chaps, booked myself a day at B.C. and the price of a ticket has risen to £20.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Barton Court...new day ticket price!

Post by Loop Erimder »

For a day :shocked: , pay a bit more and get a ticket for a year to fish equally good places. just looked at website, not even any barbel
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Red Creel

Post by Red Creel »

Get what your saying Loop but BC outings are a special treat now and again. My local clubs offer good fishing at reasonable costs and that is where i angle 99% of the time.

Having said that i am local to BC so petrol costs are minimal, if i was further away i would err on the side of financial caution.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Red creel fished there this afternoon for 4 hours paid £6.00 for one Rod Bob came around we chatted for 30 minutes he never said anything
4small Perch by the way.
Bumble

Red Creel

Post by Red Creel »

Bumble wrote:Red creel fished there this afternoon for 4 hours paid £6.00 for one Rod Bob came around we chatted for 30 minutes he never said anything
4small Perch by the way.
Bumble
Was on the phone to who i presume was Mrs Bailey, i think she sensed my sharp intake of breath when she quoted £20. But as she said the price has stayed static for years, i think a price hike was on the cards sooner or later.

BTW i am referring to the river not the lake.

PS Had a shed load of small perch on Knotts recently, the tinca's had done the offski that day.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

For a bag load of trout I think I'll steer clear....
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

Red Creel wrote:
Bumble wrote:Red creel fished there this afternoon for 4 hours paid £6.00 for one Rod Bob came around we chatted for 30 minutes he never said anything
4small Perch by the way.
Bumble
Was on the phone to who i presume was Mrs Bailey, i think she sensed my sharp intake of breath when she quoted £20. But as she said the price has stayed static for years, i think a price hike was on the cards sooner or later.

BTW i am referring to the river not the lake.

PS Had a shed load of small perch on Knotts recently, the tinca's had done the offski that day.
Hi Andy, hope you're on the mend. £20 is a bit of a shock in these times (especially for a pensioner :Wink: )where a 140 mile round trip is also in the financial equation.............I really like BC but I think I'll be sticking to rivers closer to home.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

Gudgeon Jim

Post by Gudgeon Jim »

When are you going Red Creel ? its been almost a year since i fished that part of the Kennet.

Ambidexman
Bleak

Post by Ambidexman »

Had a day trip to BC last week - super venue for grayling and silvers (if you can avoid the trout). I love it there £20 or not, nice and peaceful and you never know what fish will be next. I love the peacefulness - and a great place to use the Aerial....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gudgeon Jim

Post by Gudgeon Jim »

I would have to agree with you Ambidexman its a great place for the money.
Nice pics and the grayling is the smallest ive ever seen :Thumb:

Return to “River Kennet”