ABU Cardinal 33,unused

The ABU Reels forum.
MHC

ABU Cardinal 33,unused

Post by MHC »

20 years ago ABU (Sweden) produced a special batch of the diminutive Cardinal 33, this is one of them.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: ABU Cardinal 33,unused

Post by Dave Burr »

I love Cardinals and that isa beaut.

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

They are stunning little reels and I have one MIB which is the pride and joy of my collection, it was One of the most enduring and desirable light spinning reels ever made by ABU significant enough to be re-released some 2 decades later due to the demand for the reel, probably why they demand such a good price. The reel is a finely made reel which is better made than a lot of stuff today, I also have the Cardinal 44 which is just as nice.
My reel dates to 1975 I think so is one of the original release reels and not a later model, the 44 is also a 1975 release reel
So taken was I with the 33 I have a picture of it as my screen saver and here it is :Thumb:

Beware though of cloned reels from you know where.

" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

I believe I have the paperwork for the new reels somewhere which tells you a bit about the newer reels and of the small change they made to an already perfect reel, yes here it is, cant make it any bigger for you to read the English but it sort of reads this.

That when the reel was released 20 years ago it was received by enthusiasts to a rapture of applause and the improved point was to the spool which was strengthened, as I said an already perfect reel.

"BB"

Paddex

Post by Paddex »

the same little 4-page leafleat was in the middle of the '93 ABU catalogue
front
and the english text a bit larger

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Dear friends,I think they made Cardinal 3 after the 33 which was a small spinning reel in black and gold.Reelmaker

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

I have a champagne and black Cardinal 4 which dates 1981 so you are right in saying that.

"BB"

Return to “ABU Reels”