Abu cardinal 66 refurb

The ABU Reels forum.
SharkBoy
Perch

Abu cardinal 66 refurb

Post by SharkBoy »

Hi guys if you need a re paint I recommend a certain Mr Ray Moss - did a super re spray / service to my 66 looks like new for £35 well pleased check him out on ebay

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Abu cardinal 66 refurb

Post by Dave Burr »

I've used Ray before and can concur, he's a top man and is on this forum if you want to pm him.

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

I can agree with both of you there, the man is just a great character who does such a wonderful job of his reel restoration, being a painter and decorator myself and having also sprayed many Formula one Car transporters I know a bit about getting a painted surface perfect, what Ray does with these reels is nothing short of a miracle at times.
Recently Ray did me a small favor by painting a mashed up Zebco 3 for me, rebuilt its now a part of my collection, here it is below color perfect to the original.

I know Ray did some damage to his hand yesterday while fishing, hope is all OK mate those hands are special. :rock:

This is before Ray got it, most of the bail was missing so had to be replaced, paint surface was chipped and scratched.

and this after
Image Image
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Just like to congratulate Ray who caught his first ever double figured Barbel today since we are talking about him, weighed in at 11lb 10oz, well done mate hope you get some more, wonder if he fished with one of his trusty ABU restorations? :eyebrow:

"BB"

Abumossy
Stickleback

Post by Abumossy »

BeechmereLake wrote:Just like to congratulate Ray who caught his first ever double figured Barbel today since we are talking about him, weighed in at 11lb 10oz, well done mate hope you get some more, wonder if he fished with one of his trusty ABU restorations? :eyebrow:
Thanks for that mate,yes i was using a cardinal 66x,great reel for barbel fishing
but dont have time to restore mine paintwork is scratched to bits but works like new,
mybe i will find time and restore :Hahaha:

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

No doubt you will be down on the old river again today then, wish I could find time to go fishing, work work work and more work, must be due some time off soon :eyebrow:

Looking forward to my Cardinal 7 on Monday mate, the before and after is incredible, post them when I have the reel. :Thumb:

"BB"

Abumossy
Stickleback

Post by Abumossy »

BeechmereLake wrote:No doubt you will be down on the old river again today then, wish I could find time to go fishing, work work work and more work, must be due some time off soon :eyebrow:

Looking forward to my Cardinal 7 on Monday mate, the before and after is incredible, post them when I have the reel. :Thumb:
Sent you pictures of the Black 44 i have restored, interested to know what you think of it, :secret:

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Sure looks a nice job and very different for an ABU, guess we will see it on the bay of evil shortly :Beg:

And as if by magic there she blows ebay item number 381032649151

"BB"

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Here are the pictures of my Cardinal 7 Ray did for me recently, many would of broke it up for spares but now it has a new life.

Image Image

"BB"

Return to “ABU Reels”