Best pin

This forum is for discussing carp.
Tizer
Chub

Re: Best pin

Post by Tizer »

And boy do they look good,mine are gold with red handles.

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

Centrepins are no exception Its best to try them all, and you probably will over the years" its an addiction"
But just sometimes you end up back where you started from, enjoy the trip.

MA

Beryl

Post by Beryl »

Benno wrote:Got an aerial allcocks match which I'm really pleased with also got my eye on a speedia and a grice and youngs avon royal supreme thanks for the advice chaps
Good to see you have taken everyone's advise and will probably buy them all! Sensible chap.

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Post by Chris Bettis »

For me it has to be the Speedia, mine is not the wide drum version and it has served me well for a long time. When I bought it both versions were available and I prefered the narrow drum and have, I suppose got used to it over the years. Either way other reels may look better but the good old Speedia has done everything for me .

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

I have a few favourites Match aerial, trudex ,speedia
All true pins

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I find myself using my Speedia very often but what I would say is, if your float fishing is to be on lakes where you are sitting there with a rod in the rest, get a Speedia with knurled adjuster micro drag. If you tap the spool, or the line gets knocked, the line can unwind off the spool at a rate of knots if very free running. My Speedia does not have that facility and I am looking around for one that does in the near future...... Santa.

Beryl

Post by Beryl »

I was on fishing magic way back. Always fancied the Aerial I could never afford in my youth until now. But I got influenced by Chavender who made a good case for the Speedia that I had never heard of before. When I was solely into fly fishing his much worked apon stripped item sold on eBay for a humble £60ish. I'm now gutted that I just watched rather than bid. I now have three as of today that aren't as fettled or loved over as that one was.....

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”