Good start to season

General fly fishing chat area.
Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Good start to season

Post by Rutland Rod »

My clubs two small pools are stocked lightly and when our season starts today you never know how many fish have overwintered since our season ended in October, the heavy rain causes both to overflow and turn khaki in colour which takes ages to clear, then we were frozen up together with the snow, combined with the odd visit by Otter and Cormorants it’s very hard going until we stock in mid April but Tom went down today with his dad and had two brownies ( both returned)his dad blanked ! water temperature was low but colour not bad so good start

Iasgair
Chub

Re: Good start to season

Post by Iasgair »

That's the way to start the new season with conditions being not too great. Good job for Tom. Nice fish too. Looks like a cold day on the water, but his smile kind of warms it up.

What fly did he catch it on?
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Re: Good start to season

Post by Rutland Rod »

Iasgair wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:57 am That's the way to start the new season with conditions being not too great. Good job for Tom. Nice fish too. Looks like a cold day on the water, but his smile kind of warms it up.

What fly did he catch it on?
I don’t know but I guess it would have been a gold head nymph of some variety.

Return to “General Fly Chat”