Snipe and purple (wet spider tutorial)

This section of the forum is for all you fly tying enthusiasts.
Ian
Eel

Snipe and purple (wet spider tutorial)

Post by Ian »

Last edited by Ian on Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Iasgair
Chub

Re: Snipe and purple

Post by Iasgair »

I love 2X2 flies. Two materials and two minutes and it's done.
Ian, you are getting very fancy at posting tutorials. I may have to get my son and have him show me how to print inside the photo as well. That way I can be more detailed in steps and as I look at the photo I can write what I need to say.
And the pic of the name of feathers on the wing was a splendid idea.
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Iasgair wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:51 pm I love 2X2 flies. Two materials and two minutes and it's done.
Ian, you are getting very fancy at posting tutorials. I may have to get my son and have him show me how to print inside the photo as well. That way I can be more detailed in steps and as I look at the photo I can write what I need to say.
And the pic of the name of feathers on the wing was a splendid idea.
A basic wee 2 minute pattern,glad you like the format iasgair. The wing gives us all an idea of the different feathers,and it’s always something we can go back to as a guide to the different feathers we use in fly tying.

:Hat:

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

These SBS instructionals you're putting together are very good indeed Ian :Thumb: The S&P is classic pattern thats stood the test of time

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Liphook wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:29 pm These SBS instructionals you're putting together are very good indeed Ian :Thumb: The S&P is classic pattern thats stood the test of time
They were tried and tested long before I came into existence Liphook,tied by men with mud and soot still on their hands.They are historic patterns that were tied solely to catch the dinner,they will always stand the test if time like you say Liphook,I could never debate that.

Another old pattern that has come to my attention is the Hardys favourite. Have you heard of this pattern Liphook? It looks great with the speckled wing.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I've heard of the Hardy's Favourite and will have it in a book somewhere but it's not a pattern I use Ian. As you know there are literally thousands of patterns that have been named and published over the years. I tend stick to what has worked for me in the past but still can be guilty of carrying too many, particularly when boat fishing :Sun:

Return to “Fly Tying”