Edgar Sealey Octopus Rod

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Edgar Sealey Octopus Rod

Post by Nobby »

John that's the easiest bit of delamination to repair because you are working from an open end. The first time I did any was a tip too, and I was as nervous about it as you are, especially when the 3 inches of delamination turned into 15 on separating the cane strips!

But it worked perfectly and only required the tiniest bit of straightening over a candle afterwards.

Just make sure you have plenty of string handy for binding up the re-glued strips as the glue cures, you can easily use of 15 feet on string on even a small repair. Work on a large hard flat table top so you can use it to keep the section as straight as possible whilst you work.

John Cave

Post by John Cave »

Nobby - thanks for the confidence booster!!!

It just seemed to me that one would end up gluing the whole rod end together as the de-laminations were individually so small! However It will have to be a winter job as I am scheduled for a longish time hors de combat as I have to go into hospital tomorrow for an Op!!

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I wish you a swift recovery then, John

John Cave

Post by John Cave »

Nobby wrote:I wish you a swift recovery then, John
Finally Op over and back out of hospital --- trying to recover from the bloody anaesthetic is right sod mind!!

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Get well soon John :Hat:

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”