Christened the newly arboured Speedia

The Speedia Reels forum.
MacMan
Dace

Christened the newly arboured Speedia

Post by MacMan »

G'day Fishy Folks,

Just got back from an Easter break. Went to Yamba which is at the mouth of a huge river called the Clarence in northern NSW.
Got a chance to have a fish with the newly arboured Speedia and new line, 8lb Dango Wax being the line of choice for float fishing here.
Bottom line is that everything that I didn't like about the Speedia is now perfect, slightly larger diameter is great for both cast and retrieve, the spool still deep enough to stop line spill, and the Speedia is oh so smooth when the float is running in a current. I think I have a new favourite for more protected waters.
I have attached a couple of pics, apologies in advance for the pictures of dead fish, we keep a lot more for the table over here.
I have also made great progress on an arbour for a G&Y Gypsy Dor/Matchmaker/Golden Eagle/Shakespear Eagle, just needs a few finishing touches.

regards
Matt
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marc
Sea Trout

Re: Christened the newly arboured Speedia

Post by Marc »

Good result. They look like fish that would fight hard, they have a stripy tench look about them.

I followed your Speeda thread, I don't personally own one, and it's a great idea. Happy that it's worked out so well for you.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Estaban

Post by Estaban »

Nicely Done MacMan

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

A tasty catch .... and reel.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Funny looking perch :Confused:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

They're brerch Loop :Cool:

Nice one Macman - I'm trialling the Speedia on Friday.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Well deserved and well done!
I've just had a tench and a battle royal with a nine-pound carp on a Nottingham pattern rod and one of your babies on a wide-drum Speedia. Bliss. Well, the carp was pretty brassed off about it and made its feelings on the matter very clear - I thought it was a new lake-best for me, but it was about four pounds shy of the mark! - but I was very pleased. Brilliant idea. The Speedia loses none of its charm and good behaviour, but is cured of its one nasty habit and becomes an unalloyed joy to use.

:wave: - never mind the title "wave", this is to be taken to represent a horde of grateful Poms giving a mass Salaam!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

MacMan
Dace

Post by MacMan »

We actually get your perch (called redfin) your carp (called other things :Hahaha: ) and believe it or not the occasional Tench, in the freshwater over here. I have only caught 1 Tench and didn't know what it was until some years later. Carp fishing is becoming very popular as a sporting only venture, as they are readily available in ponds, rivers and anywhere basically.

Matt

Return to “Speedia Reels”