Float rubbers

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
MGs
Pike

Float rubbers

Post by MGs »

Anyone recommend some good float rubbers? Just ordered a batch from the bay and had to bin the lot. Despite the description and images, they were all too small for any of my normal floats (only suitable for pole floats). I don't use them often as I usually use a waggler on stillwaters. However, I like to fish top and bottom rubbers when trotting
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Fred Bonney
Perch

Re: Float rubbers

Post by Fred Bonney »

I got caught the same way! Would these be of interest MGs? http://www.daveharrellangling.com/accessories/

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I was going to say the same although when I had some of DHAngling products I had them in packets of various diameters and were about 80mm in length
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

:doh: reading on you can get them in a mixed pack which is what I got although you'll pay more on postage I had them from eBay

£4.90 postage from DH Angling :shocked:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

In the old days I used to cut my own float rubbers fron the rubber tubing used on cycle valves... lovely stretchy qualities. Just had a look on Ebay and you can still buy it in foot lengths etc (Cycle valve rubber). :Hat: Reedling.

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Just found these after a quick search.

http://www.northeasttackle.co.uk/carp-f ... oCNGHw_wcB

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Nick

Post by Nick »

Reedling wrote:In the old days I used to cut my own float rubbers fron the rubber tubing used on cycle valves... lovely stretchy qualities. Just had a look on Ebay and you can still buy it in foot lengths etc (Cycle valve rubber). :Hat: Reedling.
Never thought of that, I would have expected that type of valve would have long gone.

I've always had various diameters of rig silicone and leave a few short lengths in the tackle box. Cut to length when required.

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

Like others here I cut my own from lengths of silicone - Drennan do little packs of 4cm lengths of different colours.

If I'm attaching top and bottom eg. when trotting - I use the Drennan Latex pellet bands in small/medium size for the top.

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Kingfisher wrote:Just found these after a quick search.

http://www.northeasttackle.co.uk/carp-f ... oCNGHw_wcB

Thanks. I have tried them. In fact I have some left. Because of the sizing, there are only about 2 sizes I use, the rest get left

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Reedling wrote:In the old days I used to cut my own float rubbers fron the rubber tubing used on cycle valves... lovely stretchy qualities. Just had a look on Ebay and you can still buy it in foot lengths etc (Cycle valve rubber). :Hat: Reedling.
Yes, the old style Wood's valves are still available, so is the rubber, just wondering about the diameter

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”