Anchor Meadow

This forum belongs to the River Avon.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Anchor Meadow

Post by Loop Erimder »

This looks like a great place with many options. Either fast shallow below the weir, slow deep above the weir, along the meadow, or the canal section. Some good catches of big barbel, big carp and tench, perch and roach and pike. Can night fish it too. Anyone had the pleasure of fishing it?

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/anchormeadow/index.htm
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Re: Anchor Meadow

Post by LuckyLuca »

Not been there Loop, but it does sound like a nice place to take my trailer tent to in the spring!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Where would you fish this stretch of the Avon, i'm hoping to give it a bash on Monday

http://binged.it/Xo3ObQ
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Have just spoken to the fishery owner who seems a very nice chap, been there 30 years, said another chap was there the other day and had several double figure barbel! Cant wait to get there

CraigM
Grayling

Post by CraigM »

Good luck if you fish it Loop.

Let us know how you get on.

Craig.

Wallis Master

Post by Wallis Master »

This place is great..I love it..I had my best days fishing here! I caught 84lb of chub (bottom canal point swim) on float fished bread flake on the 'pin. This was mostly witnessed by the guy who runs the fishery! Even he couldnt believe it!

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Wallis Master wrote:This place is great..I love it..I had my best days fishing here! I caught 84lb of chub (bottom canal point swim) on float fished bread flake on the 'pin. This was mostly witnessed by the guy who runs the fishery! Even he couldnt believe it!
I was meant to go last monday, but due to the weather I didnt, but am itching to get there, its only about half ish hour away maybe a bit more.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Shall be going this Saturday for some long over due fishing, if anyone in the area pop down with ya rod

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Good luck Loop, I'd love to say I'll join you but I have a few commitments here at the moment that can't be overlooked.

I hope you fill your boots and your keepnet. :Thumb:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

got tomorrow to dust off the rods and sort out the requirements, bait shop, supermarket etc

Return to “River Avon”