Boots & Socks

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Tony1964

Boots & Socks

Post by Tony1964 »

Wellies, waders whatever is your thing; I like something warm in the winter months as cold toes are not very nice. A few years ago my parents bought me a lovely pair of mohair socks for christmas, they keep me lovely and toasie. I tend to wear them with a pair of good hiking boots as my wellies are poorly insulated. I have been looking at some Skee-Tex Thermal Boots which are reported to be very warm indeed and are priced around £54
skee tex.jpg
Has anyone tried these?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Davyr

Re: Boots & Socks

Post by Davyr »

I haven't, but everyone I know who has says the same - fine when you're sitting down, but don't attempt to walk more than a few yards in them!

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Ive worn a pair of Dubarry Galway for 3/4 season now. an utter pleasure to wear.

BSC
http://bendsomecane.blogspot.com/
By the grace of god a Yorkist

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

Dubarry are lovely boots but a little pricey for my budget. I like going to country fairs where businesses like Dubarry have some really good offers. One day I will be able to afford some!!

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Ah yes there are memories from a single lifestyle.. now no longer affordable !!!!

BSC
http://bendsomecane.blogspot.com/
By the grace of god a Yorkist

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Hunter field boots neoprene lined (bought 2nd hand but unused on ebay)
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

If you're going to go for Skee-Tex, get the 'Field Boot' not the Wellies....superb. :thumb:

BlackSheep

Post by BlackSheep »

Muck Boot Speys................... brilliant boots, they keep your feet warm, not hot but a lovely warm temp.

I have had all sorts of boots over the years and i rate these by far as the best.

GloucesterOldSpot

Post by GloucesterOldSpot »

Gurn wrote:If you're going to go for Skee-Tex, get the 'Field Boot' not the Wellies....superb. :thumb:
Providing you don't need a size 11 - I tried some on when they first came out, and found I had to adopt a curious outswinging gait to make any progress. Shortly afterwards I obtained a pair of Dubarry mid-calf Wexfords (I think that was the name) which were superb - so much so I wore them right out in about five years. Still trying to get some replacements, but they don't seem to do the shorter version anymore, and knee-highs are less easy to get on and off - an important consideration if you spend any amount of time jumping in and out of sleeping bags in the dead of night when carping.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

If I'm bivvy bound I tend to rely on the crocs as they are only on the land fish or rebait. I have some Timberland boots with rubber bases but after last night I realise they are certainly not the warmest. Heard great things about Skeetex Field Boots.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”