Edgar Sealey catalogue - early 70s?

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
BrianC

Edgar Sealey catalogue - early 70s?

Post by BrianC »

Anybody got a catalogue for the Edgar Sealey rod range from around 72-74? Or, know if there is anything viewable online

I'm looking to build around my collection of tackle from when I started coarse angling which was in that period and would like to remind myself of what was available then.

I still am using my Sealey Aquarius float rod from that era but seem to remember that the Blue Match is of a similar vintage etc.

TIA.

Brian

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Edgar Sealey catalogue - early 70s?

Post by AshbyCut »

I have the catalogue from 1969 which lists the Blue Match, but not the Aquarius.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Thanks for that.

I hadn't realised that the Blue Match pre-dated the Aquarius float.

I'm pretty sure I started in 1974 with the Aquarius so I wonder when it was introduced? I'm also fairly sure that the Blue Match was still current at the time as I also saw that one in the shop but it was a bit more expensive if my memory serves me correctly.

BrianC

Post by BrianC »

P.S.

Just visited your website. Very interesting and useful information.

My library is far smaller but I do have a copy of the first fishing book I ever bought which was 'The Ladybird Book Of Coarse Fishing'. Full of great pictures which I remember well from my childhood.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Thanks for the positive comment, Sir ... and I must look out for the Ladybird book you mention.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Was the Blue Match 2 an early 70,s rod ?

BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Thanks for posting the catalogue image of the Blue Match. At over £8 in 1969 it looks like I remember correctly that it was more expensive than the Aquarius.

As for the Blue Match 2 - I think Edgar Sealey became Gladding Sealey - as labelled on the rod in the mid 70s (around the time I bought my rod), but I'm sure somebody else can confirm more positively one way or the other.

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

If I remember rightly I bought my Milbro Silver Shadow in 1972 ans the Blue Match was current then. I'm pretty sure it was the Blue Match and not the Blue Match 2.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I purchased a Carbon Normark carp rod, and a few glass rods from the bootfair this morning for parts..a Aspindale Dalesman?, Billy lane swing tip and a pair of yellow coloured 'Sealey Carpmaster' rods that look unused. Has anyone details of the Sealey rods or an dated catalouge page please. Reedling. :Hat:

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”