'THE ANGLING ARTISTS' by Tony Meers

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

This looks like a very interesting book chaps, there is also a forth coming book launch, read on...

Saturday, 5th October 2013 from 12 noon, at the Lands End Inn, Lands End Lane, Charvil, Reading, Berkshire RG10 0UE.
(A fantastic angling pub, full of cased fish and angling memorabilia - and great food too!) http://www.thelandsend.co.uk

And many of the artists/contributors will be at the launch to chat, sign books and display their fantastic artwork. But if you can't make the launch, cloth-bound and leather-bound copies are available to purchase online, or by cheque at:

http://www.harperanglingbooks.co.uk

The Angling Artists by Tony Meers.
This book will be very special. Many of the most renown angling artists, both past and present, will be featured in this impressive new work.
Cloth-bound and leather-bound copies are available. Reservations and payments are now being received for cloth and leather copies, and they are going fast!

(Vellum copies SOLD OUT.)

Cloth-bound edition limited to 500 copies only, all signed and numbered.
245 mm x 190 mm, 216 pages, full colour throughout.
Cloth-bound edition with dust jacket. £30 plus £6 P&P
Leather-bound edition. £195 plus £10 P&P

Artists featured in 'The Angling Artists' will include:
Ted Andrews, Robin Armstrong, Paul Cook, Peter Curtis, Gareth Fareham, Andrew Field, Trevor Harrop, Keith Linsell, Mick Loates, David Miller, Robert Olsen, Maurice Pledger, Karen Sarkar, John Searl, Richard J. Smith, plus the work of Bernard Venables, Maurice Ingham and Denys Watkins-Pitchford and others. Tony Meers also covers the early artists - George Moorland, James Pollard, Henry Rolfe, Walter Dendy Sadler, A. Roland Knight, and Reg Cooke, Alex Jardine, Rodger McPhail, Chris Turnbull, and others - a pictorial feast not to be missed!

With contributions from:
Foreword by Bob Buteux; Tony Meers, Bernard Venables - a contribution from Peter Rogers, Maurice Ingham - a contribution from Tim Paisley, and Denys Watkins-Pitchford (BB) - contributions from Len Arbery and Bob Buteux.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Paul Cook
Grayling

Re: 'THE ANGLING ARTISTS' by Tony Meers

Post by Paul Cook »

Looking forward to this one Mark , nice venue and with Tony Meers involved it will be a very good book .

Luke
Grayling

Post by Luke »

Mark wrote:This looks like a very interesting book chaps
Too right Mark. I've not seen any of it yet myself but it certainly has the potential to be a very special book indeed.

McFairy

Post by McFairy »

I agree it looks to be very special.

I have reserved a copy but sadly won't be able to get my hands on it until I return from Afghanistan in December.

Hopefully the wife won't mind another book being added to the growing pile I have ordered whilst away.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

ive had the leather on order bound for quite a while and im really looking forward to it I wont be at the launch im afraid but it should be a great event and the books looks likely it will be very good book

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Have to agree,another quality book to add to my ever growing collection !

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

ive been reading this book tonight and its a great read it would make a great Christmas present its one of the books of the year in my view

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”