Fletton Lake?

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Rutilus.Bobicus

Fletton Lake?

Post by Rutilus.Bobicus »

Only a 5 minute walk from me, rarely see anyone fishing there.
Has anyone from the forum fished there?
By the islands on IKEA Warehouse side look a good bet for some carp or maybe tench action?

SeanM
Tench

Re: Fletton Lake?

Post by SeanM »

If it's the lake on the left of the A15 going out of town then it's an old brick pit. Use to be a London Brick Company angling club water. I think it once held the tench record. I used to live on St Margarets Rd in Fletton.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Rutilus.Bobicus

Sean, no, it's off Fletton High street, opposite where the Lloyds TSB is.
The IKEA warehouse is on one side and the A1139 is at the 'dam' end.
I do believe the Fletton Lake used to be a brick pit as well.

DontKnowMuch
Roach

Post by DontKnowMuch »

The lake next to IKEA is known as LB1 as in 'London Brick'. A friend of mine used to fish it for carp from the islands but it was all cloak and dagger, secretive angling because, iirc, angling wasn't officially allowed and the area was dodgy if you fished from the banks. Car parking was a problem too.

Quite a bit in there worth fishing for.

Rutilus.Bobicus

Dontknowmuch wrote:The lake next to IKEA is known as LB1 as in 'London Brick'. A friend of mine used to fish it for carp from the islands but it was all cloak and dagger, secretive angling because, iirc, angling wasn't officially allowed and the area was dodgy if you fished from the banks. Car parking was a problem too.

Quite a bit in there worth fishing for.
Yeah, my other half informs me that fishing isn't actually allowed on Fletton Lake, although people do.
She also told me that she heard that there's supposed to be some VERY big carp in there.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”