Intrepid Match Reel

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Intrepid Match Reel

Post by AshbyCut »

Take a look at this site, Sir ... purely Intrepids, and every reel they made ... an invaluable resource run by a TFF member :-

http://www.intrepidreel.com/home.html

... and thank you for your comments about my little site.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

After reading this thread I managed to obtain an Intrepid Match from eBay for £10. Cleaned and oiled, it is now almost mint. Took it out on the local canal for it's first outing today catching roach and skimmers and, I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. Obviously never going to be a trotting reel, but for catching small fish close in on a lightweight rod I couldn't fault it. I can see it getting a lot more use. Bargain!

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Wonderful to hear that, Sir ... I couldn't agree more ... but don't shout ... or prices will rocket !!! ;-)
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

I have just bought one of these, and reading your comments, I have over spent, as I paid £15, but up till reading this, I thought it was well worth it, I will use it on a travel rod, that I keep hidden in the car, along with a few bits of tackle, (in the part that used to hold the spare wheel, my Mrs don't even know that it even exists, not having ever changed a wheel, :Chuckle: ) So all in all, I think it was worth the money, but next time I will come and see what you gents think before letting the moths out of my wallet.
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

I'm sure that it will give you more than £15 worth of pleasure over time, Sir ... mine has !

Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

Was that the one on eBay, Rod. I was going to bid on that one but I got one the day before for £2.39. Sorry!
A bit more paint missing than the first one I bought, but the workings, such as they are, seem even better! Didn't even need much cleaning. :Cool:

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

Pinhead you sod, fancy deflating me like that, :Chuckle: But on the other hand, have you ever tried to get the moths back in your wallet, once it's been opened, try as I might I just cant do it, so will now go to my mancave and cry in private. :Brickwall:
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

My apologies again, Rod, but when I saw half an hour left on the auction and still no bids I couldn't resist.
Mrs Pinhead didn't share my enthusiasm, however - "You've already got one of those." Me - "I've got two now!" (Possibly not the most diplomatic of riposts, but hey-ho.) :whistle:

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

Pinhead, your wife and mine would make a great pair, mine keeps saying, that to her, all my centre pins, are the same, round with two handles????????? Bloody sacrilege :Cry:

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”