Wobbly Adcock Stanton.

The Other Reels forum.
Willsmodger
Rudd

Re: Wobbly Adcock Stanton.

Post by Willsmodger »

Much appreciated. I've always suspected that all centrepins are really made with a crowbar and club hammer in the first place.

To get to the spool back face to polish it, I had to remove all the screws. Now, mindful of gravity, I put them in a small tin. Still managed to drop two and spent a week looking for them.

Bodgers like me see the work of the craftsmen on this forum as supernatural.

Thanks again. Kettles on. Kit Kat is available but one of those strange variation flavours that doesn't sell and ends up in Poundland.

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

Willsmodger wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:12 pm Much appreciated. I've always suspected that all centrepins are really made with a crowbar and club hammer in the first place.

To get to the spool back face to polish it, I had to remove all the screws. Now, mindful of gravity, I put them in a small tin. Still managed to drop two and spent a week looking for them.

Bodgers like me see the work of the craftsmen on this forum as supernatural.

Thanks again. Kettles on. Kit Kat is available but one of those strange variation flavours that doesn't sell and ends up in Poundland.
Can we have a nice picture when it's all done please.😎👍

Willsmodger
Rudd

Post by Willsmodger »

I'm as handy on the internet as I am at diy. However I do have a daughter who knows about these things, so watch this space.....

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

so did you sort it?

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Barbelseeker wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:21 am Opps - cannot find my unlocking key - tried to grind one out of a silver sixpence - now realise what a good conductor of heat silver is. (Says he blowing on his fingers)

maybe a few days - I have a funeral to attend at 11:30 today.

(Hope I am not mixing my pin details with the Hucknall/Rolls Royce reels)
I made an unlocking key out of a suitably sized steel washer. Shame I've misplaced it otherwise I'd post a photo.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

If you cannot sort it yourself then by the time you have got it sorted you may just a well have bought on that doesn't wobble. £60 - £100 is a good price and a lot have sold for that.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Another possible cause of a wobble could be bent line pillars. Bending a pillar or two does in effect shorten them slightly and this will pull the front and back plates together at a that point creating a dip in each revolution. I am sure, straightening these line pillars would solve the wobble.

Pm me if you would like it sorting.

Wal..

Return to “Other Reels”