Kilian Neo Caster

The Other Reels forum.
Rockape
Rudd

Kilian Neo Caster

Post by Rockape »

I obtained this little Fraser-Kilian Neo Caster a while back, and there doesn't seem to be much written about them.

What I do know is that they were invented by Rudolph R Kilian in the US, probably sometime in the 50's and made in Baldwinsville, New York.

Where I get lost is why they came to be made a bit later on in the UK, by Remploy, with the addition of the Fraser tackle name?

Whatever the story is, there doesn't appear to be much between them on a quality level.
The lack of a spool support on one end of the reel, had me raising an eyebrow when I first saw one.

It feels tough though, and very quirky, I love it!

US and UK versions pictured (I have also seen some US ones that are identical to the UK Fraser Kilian reel in all but the engraving).

If anyone can shed any light on the reason for the move to (or additional) UK manufacturing, that would be great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rockape on Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wally Roy
Roach

Re: Kilian reels

Post by Wally Roy »

Remploy made several products under licence the idea being to teach disabled people new skills and give them payed employment. I imagine these reels might have been one of those products.

Rockape
Rudd

Re: Kilian reels

Post by Rockape »

Thanks for your reply Wally Roy.

Yes, I had heard that about Remploy.
A nicely built little reel; I think what they would call a baitcaster in the USA?

Here is a photo I found in the web, of a Remploy stickered box.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Reels”