Two New Books

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Pickerel
Gudgeon

Re: Two New Books

Post by Pickerel »

If the picture shows an entry for a 'Spot the float' completion, the entrant has put his 'X' in the wrong place.... :Scared:

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Bayleaf wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:50 am It's interesting how it uses photographic perspective.
Yes, I thought that too.

"A Photographers eye"

And... yes spot the float... under seat!

I have the same float and as a matter of interest, lost my biggest fish ( had I landed it) using it.
I was around 13 with a new Intrepid Black Prince that I got for my birthday..
I had only used centerpins up until then.
I was fishing a land drain in Kent
It must have been a big Carp...had it on for a long time..
Long story... I threw the reel in the river and went back to centerpins!
Got my float back with a straitened hook.

Mr B.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Bayleaf
Bleak

Post by Bayleaf »

Interesting story, I lost my first big fish on the Boating Lake at Bedford. Similar tale, TruSpin reel with clutch wound too tight, carp or tench and ping!
As for a photographer's eye I've been taking photos since I was about 10 with a Kershaw folding 120 camera, now have a small collection of Exakta and Exa cameras and lenses.

John Milford
Grayling

Post by John Milford »

Bayleaf wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:50 am It's interesting how it uses photographic perspective.
Photographs from that perspective were popular with the angling mags for a while. (Perhaps they still are, as I don't buy them often?).

The 'staginess' of such photos always amuses me, as I cannot help but imagine the hapless photographer, up to his family jewels in the water, capturing the shot! :Chuckle:

That illustration however is a beautifully evocative example of an artist's 'mind's eye'. :cheers:
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”