Walker Avon at Mullocks

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
MGs
Pike

Re: Walker Avon at Mullocks

Post by MGs »

Well the lot I was watching went for £145, plus VAT and commission, so about £200, which was what I was expecting
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

SofaSurfer wrote:Julian, thanks for that. Just like a real auction, very addictive.

You are lucky, in rural Surrey we have stone age datacomms. I just tested the link, it is working at 318 Kbps ! The software told me I may have a problem. I do, it's called BT !
My commiserations on your internet speed - I know how you feel.

It is really addictive - and tempting to bid when there are so many angling lots appearing in such a short space of time. I was going to consider bidding for the first 50 issues of Waterlog - that were in the Mullocks book auction yesterday - but I was doing something else for a few minutes and managed to miss it.
The one thing you do need to remember if you do bid on this auction site at some time is to be very wary if you have either pets or children. I fear that one day one of our cats is going to bid £5000 or so for something I don't want by standing on the PC mouse while I've gone to the loo :shocked:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I can vouch fo the speed of this auction and would warn anybody thinking of having a bid at any time in the future that it is NOT like Bargain Hunt. I picked up an Abu 66 by leaving a bid after the viewing but followed a couple of items online only to step back when they reached stupid money. All good fun though.

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”