Returned Rod.

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Julian
Salmon

Re: Returned Rod.

Post by Julian »

Nobby wrote:I'm afraid I can't agree with Julian over Mullocks giving an accurate description. A friend put in absentee bids after getting condition reports from them and won a couple of rods for very high prices.

Both rods have soft cane tip sections that stay bent when flexed and one has very rusty rings, being a Hardy those rings are simply unobtainable now.

I'd expect Mullochs to know a rusty ring when they see it and to be experienced enough to know how important that is on a Hardy rod.

I do see how bending the tip sections of other peoples rods that they are selling might be an issue though....

Hi Nobby
Do you know of others who have had any bad purchases from Mullocks?

As your friend had a condition report did he get a refund on the basis of how the rods were not as described?
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

I too have heard not so favourable reports about Mullocks. Maybe they have let standards slip recently? I have to admit that it has now prevented me from placing bids with them over the last few auctions.
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Plot36
Roach

Post by Plot36 »

WCF - for not much more than the cost of that rod you could get Ryan Burns to make you a new one. Alternatively, he may have a restored rod that might suit. I recently bought a restored rod from Ryan and I'm very happy with it. Just a thought.

JohnClyde
Perch

Post by JohnClyde »

Alternatively if you're patient you might pick up a decent MKIV from ebay. I've watched two go in the last couple months for less than £150, both looking in good condition. Watch for those selling midweek and ask the seller lots and lots of questions. Or wait for our very own Jim at VFC to get one in. He sells MKIVs for very reasonable prices.

WildCarpFisher.

Post by WildCarpFisher. »

Who is Ryan Burns?

Who is Jim at VFC?

If anyone has one to sell, please please let me know?

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

notice no one has mentioned a certain mk1v that is for sale at present, are we all watching it :Wink:

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

Are you thinking of the same one as me...... a certain member on here :Hahaha:
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

i could not possibly comment sir :Hide:

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

I,ve just got up off the floor :shocked:

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”