Returned Rod.

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: Returned Rod.

Post by Nigel Rainton »

WildCarpFisher,

This looks reasonable, no pictures of the button, ring bent, only 1 day left !

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

he states "I have also offered the rod for sale on another site so if it was sold there I would with draw for sale from here".

that is bang out of order once bids have come in he should go through with the sale he is giving himself an out if it does not reach price he likes i'll wager

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Bjp wrote:he states "I have also offered the rod for sale on another site so if it was sold there I would with draw for sale from here".

that is bang out of order once bids have come in he should go through with the sale he is giving himself an out if it does not reach price he likes i'll wager
I asked the seller if he had a buy it now price for that rod as he said it,s on another site and his reply was

" Hi , Thankyou for your enquiry, I am sorry but I would like to let it run the auction length .

- tapper6660 "

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

will be interesting to see what happens

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

Well if that's the case then BJP is correct with his assumptions, but that's ebay for you. Unfortunately there are many sellers out there who have a belief that their rod is worth more than it actually is.

This one being a prime example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221202070247? ... 1423.l2649

was up for sale weeks ago and didn't make reserve, sent the seller a msg to enquire the reserve, his reply was " I know how rare this rod is and has been valued at £200 so my reserve is for £150" :Hahaha:
Last edited by Chevin on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Not showing the tip ring that,s been changed, the rubber button or the complete rod to show it,s the correct length wont help his sale

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

but he does state
This is a 2 piece split cane rod measuring 10 foot 2 inches

so if it don't im sure you would be able to return as not in condition of description
or some such rule

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

Hmm, I was watching that Chapman 500 myself. Now I know he's got that ridiculous price tag in mind I shall not bother. I think my 550 cost me about £30.
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

Kevan, that was a couple of weeks ago when he 1st listed the rod, he may of had a rethink. I did reply to his msg saying that he had been misinformed on the rods value and wished him luck with any future sale. As a benchmark they usually fetch between 80 - 100 on ebay.
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

WildCarpFisher.

Post by WildCarpFisher. »

Oh come on spill the beans?

And, what do you think it is worth?

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”