INTREPID SUPER TWIN

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

INTREPID SUPER TWIN

Post by TrentFisher »

I have two of these both in really good condition,I used one for long trotting on my local stretch of the Trent this last season ,I just wondered if anyone else is a user of this reel.

GazTheAngler

Re: INTREPID SUPER TWIN

Post by GazTheAngler »

Trent Fisher, I've got one that I use for ledgering sometimes.

AndyB
Dace

Post by AndyB »

I use one for a spot of tench fishing now and again, one of the better Intrepid models.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

It's not one I've used, and I'm not sure if the internals are the same ... but apparently the clutch nut moulding is different on the 'Super Twin' with the black writing on the label to the one with red writing.

http://www.intrepidreel.com/home.html
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

I have an Intrepid Challenger which looks very similar to the Super Twin - can anyone out there who has both tell me what if any differences there are ? I do know that the Twin part of Super Twin refers to two different capacity spools which came with it.
Last edited by Stingray on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Stingray Looking at the pictures on Mal,s link the super twin has the quick release spool,s whereas the Challenger has bolt on

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Ljm183 wrote:Stingray Looking at the pictures on Mal,s link the super twin has the quick release spool,s whereas the Challenger has bolt on
Oh, yes - so it has - very unusual for an Intrepid - in fact maybe unique. if I'm not mistaken. Thanks.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

George Sharman ( Carp and the Carp Angler) used a pair of these when his Elites fell to pieces! He writes that one of the reels was smooth geared whilst the other was horrendous?

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Catfish.017 wrote:George Sharman ( Carp and the Carp Angler) used a pair of these when his Elites fell to pieces! He writes that one of the reels was smooth geared whilst the other was horrendous?
Intrepid coarse reels were generally good value and very usable reels - there is no shortage of anecdotes about them falling to pieces etc, etc, etc but the fact is there are thousands in perfect working order and many still in use today having had zero repair work and they are the fixed spools which enabled many UK anglers to get into fishing with some decent, modern tackle; Mitchells, for example, being complete pie in the sky price wise for most (particularly young) pockets at the time.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Quite right Stingray. My first reel was a second hand Classic which served me well for a couple of seasons. I still use an Elite, Classic and Supreme. I also have a very nice Continental but the bail wire broke last year.

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”