7950 4.5" Double Vent

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Badger1
Roach

7950 4.5" Double Vent

Post by Badger1 »

I was lucky enough to come across this belter of a Aerial.

Needs to be used dispite being like rocking-horse excrement...i.e. not seen many.

Image Image

Chavender
Eel

Re: 7950 4.5" Double Vent

Post by Chavender »

they are beautiful reels ,and high on my list of reels i'd like to own ,one day perhaps.
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

Double ventilated aerials are, by far and away, the pretiest, in my opinion. Also some of the rarest. I don't watch ebay for Aerials as avidly as I once did, but in the last few years I'd hazard that comets come by more frequently. One of our members on here sold a reel very similar some time ago; it got north of two grand.

Badger1
Roach

Post by Badger1 »

Hi, the last one I saw at Mullocks went very high, over £2000.00 at hammer....something like 2400.00 then add on all the VAT & fees. Crumbs, one pricey reel. That was a 4" one. The one pictured is a 4.5" one. Very nice to cast with, just have to go around with a armed escourt!

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

That's the one, Badge. The very reel I am refering too. Like yours, it had the larger secondary vents, iirc, which makes it slightly nicer and quite possibly a lot rarer. I remember having a look through the Bob Singleton book and most double ventilated aerials have slightly smaller secondary vents. The model number for that reel is 7950-T7 but on account of the larger vents to both yours, and the previously mentioned Mullocks reel, the Singleton book has them listed under "specials".

Whatever it is, I'd like you to adopt me, become my new dad and leave it to me in your will.

Badger1
Roach

Post by Badger1 »

:-) I'm afraid I'm under 30 years old and not even a dad yet. To busy working like a dog to pay for all this stuff.

Yes I gave Neil Freeman a shock once when I strode up to Redditch with a bag of Aerials.....he was somewhat shocked they all had line on them. He thought that he'd seen 2 Aerials with the large secondary holes like this one. Obviously a "special" order from Allcocks.

I do enjoy using it, very nice Aerial. I hope to catch some barbel next season to do it proud.

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

Badger1 wrote::-) I'm afraid I'm under 30 years old and not even a dad yet. .

Well I'm forty now but that's ok, we can work around that. Besides, I've seen much wierder family set-ups on the Jeremy Kyle show. And if I know that reel's coming my way I'll make damn sure I outlive you... even if it kills me.

Badger1
Roach

Post by Badger1 »

:-). Just to tease you'd probably like the below left to a cats home???/

Sorry mean of me to post this. I ran out of the shop when I paid for this one and headed for the hills!!!!!!!!

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Gorgeous Badger1
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Very nice indeed. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”