FEELING LIBERATED

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Bob Brookes
Zander

FEELING LIBERATED

Post by Bob Brookes »

:Hat: Over the years I acquired and collected an extensive collection of old fishing floats and some modern collectibles. Quite a few of my floats appeared in Hooked on Floats, as did a chapter I wrote on some really special ones. My collection started to take over, it spilled over from the 'tackle den' into a large cabinet in the lounge.

My den/office/dumping ground was frankly a mess and it was decided it needed to be repurposed back into a gentrified office. I decided that the float collection needed to be dramatically culled. Over the last year or so I have slowly started to take control again and many collections within the collection have been moved to collectors, many of whom are friends. Harcork, Tay, Zephyr, Yankie, Eggington, Cook, Lythe, Field, Gazette floats all been dispersed to new owners, who I hope will enjoy their ownership, as I have. The last big 'volume' of stuff left my house yesterday for someone else to sell, something that would have taken me ages and probably still not get rid of everything.

I have kept floats made and given by friends, floats I use, all of Micky's beautiful creations and my favourite Andy Batchelor ones. Apart from ones that live in my float box in my tackle bag my floats now take about a cubic foot of space and I feel liberated. The office is now spivved up and the cabinet in the lounge will eventually go, to be replaced by a modern sideboard. :cheers:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: FEELING LIBERATED

Post by RBTraditional »

The only thing which shocked me there Bob were two words…. “Modern sideboard”! Have you sought councilling for these disturbing thoughts you’re currently having? :shocked: :Wink:
Last edited by RBTraditional on Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

Bob I feel honoured my friend that you should keep my floats :Hat:

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Having seen Bob’s lounge cabinet collection then that is a significant collection that has moved on.

However, I seem to recall at the back of my mind that the float collection was a replacement for the centrepin collection that preceded it prior to being ‘moved on’ and the reel collection was started as a replacement for the classic Riley car when that was ‘moved on’ :Chuckle:

So what next for the office? A collection of ‘office equipment’, antique Olympic typewriters, early Apple computers maybe :Chuckle:

:Hat: :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Northern_Nomad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:42 pm Having seen Bob’s lounge cabinet collection then that is a significant collection that has moved on.

However, I seem to recall at the back of my mind that the float collection was a replacement for the centrepin collection that preceded it prior to being ‘moved on’ and the reel collection was started as a replacement for the classic Riley car when that was ‘moved on’ :Chuckle:

So what next for the office? A collection of ‘office equipment’, antique Olympic typewriters, early Apple computers maybe :Chuckle:

Someone needs to tell Glenda to look out :Chuckle:

Well done Bob, you've proved that not all fishermen are hoarders.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Sussex Micky wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:25 am Bob I feel honoured my friend that you should keep my floats :Hat:
:Hat: Getting rid of your floats was NEVER an option Micky, they are definitely keepers. :cheers:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Dave Burr wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:02 pm
Northern_Nomad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:42 pm Having seen Bob’s lounge cabinet collection then that is a significant collection that has moved on.

Someone needs to tell Glenda to look out :Chuckle:

Well done Bob, you've proved that not all fishermen are hoarders.
That one is most definitely a keeper. :Hat:

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

You are spot on with your recall. I do tend to completely move on rather than half heartedly. My constant in life, apart from the family, has been my fishing and may that last as long as possible. :Ok:

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”