Intrepid match centrepin

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
LuckyLuca
Barbel

Intrepid match centrepin

Post by LuckyLuca »

Nice looking example on the bay here 350637171927
Deos anyone have any experience of these please?
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Intrepid match centrepin

Post by Loop Erimder »

I have one of those which I won in the competition on here, although I haven't used it yet, it does feel very nice and can't wait to use it, I may well give it a whirl next week on Walkers river

edit: if it goes for that price i think that will be an absolute bargain!!!
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

I have one, Sir, and I also have the fly version which is almost identical but has only one handle and no ratchet release lever.

Remember that the arbour is only about 2 inches across so don't expect quick retrieval, and with a good clean and sensible use of a light oil mine spins for about 3 or 4 seconds on a good spin so don't expect to cast far. Having said that it's a wonderful little reel on a light rod and line for tiddler snatching ... a great gudgeon reel !!!

There was one on ebay, a similar one to this with box and case, a few weeks back at a crazy 'buy it now' price of £49.99p ... but I didn't see it sell. I have to say I have 10 different models of Intrepids (only because my first reel in the early '60's was a Monarch Mk II), most of which I've bought for under a fiver, and I've never paid over £18.50 for any of my Intrepids ... yet !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Cheers guys, I'll give this one a miss! Atleast til the price drops!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

Keep an eye on it. If it doesn't sell the seller may relist it at a lower price. It's how I got a couple of rods not too long ago :)
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”